Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wildwood Flower





Early 1950s Dress: Trade with Maria of AdelaideHomesewn
Shoes: Thrifted Bongo
Bag: Vintage

I am truly amazed at the amount of wonderful people I have met since starting this blog! Maria of Adelaide's Homesewn is one of those people. Maria and I have been chatting for several months now and hit it off right away. She is the one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, classiest and stylish ladies out there! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person yet, but once I move down south she'll only be a short drive away. When Maria asked me if I would be interested in doing a dress trade I of course said yes right away! We decided to send each other a dress from our collections that we didn't want to see go forever, but wanted to see each other enjoy for a little while. Maria surprised me by sending two dresses! The one I'm wearing here is the first I wanted to share. It's a lovely early 50s dress and I love it's pretty print and sweet details. I'll be taking pictures in the second dress this week! Be sure to go to Maria's blog and check out the dress I sent her!

25 comments:

PrettyDamnCute said...

A gorgeous dress. I love the idea of a dress loan! I'll have to keep that in mind. Going to checkout Maria's dress now!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

What a lovely set of spring pictures... it's been so cold/windy here in Chicago it's nice to see that it's warmer in the rest of the country! Lovely dress and the straw purse goes well with it. :)

Miss Lottie Lou said...

Wow what beautiful photos :)
Lottie x

BaronessVonVintage said...

such gorgeous photos!!! I especially love that first one (are those japanese magnolias?) I can't WAIT until the grass starts growing here!!!

Jenni said...

Gorgeous dress. Looking forward to seeing the other one!

A said...

that is the loveliest dress and stunning photos!

Maria Casteel said...

ohhh, you look wonderful! i wish i couldn't gotten outside pictures but its been terribly rainy here.
cheers!

Shey said...

that dress is so great and you look amazing, and the straw bag is great too. =)

sarah said...

What a beautiful dress! I love the springy photos. :)

Mel said...

What a fun idea! I love the dress, it's beautiful!

vinny and vernelle said...

ah magnolias! don't you just love the little bunny ears that fall?...the blue dress she has of yours right now is AMAZING!!!!

Frida said...

Beautiful pictures! And the weather looks so warm, unlike here. We have lot, I mean LOT of snow here in Finland! So much, that when I look out of the window, I see only snow:D

THE said...

You look adoreable in this dress!! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

how very lovely!

melina bee said...

I'm so glad I found this blog! I love your outfits and you have such a unique look, striking like a model but more real (no offense models). such a gamine!
melina bee

reckless daughter said...

That dress is gorgeous! how fun to swap dresses for a bit!.

PS: when are you moving down south?

Marie said...

What a lovely idea and you look smashin in that ladylike frock. There's that purse I adore again!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Spring into Spring giveaway

Meaghan Kelly said...

ooooh trades are so much fun! and i am always in awe of all the wonderful people we all get to meet via our blogs!
you look beautiful with your hair back like that! xo miss you so much!

Maria Confer said...

This dress is stunning on you Quincy. Love the pretty purple, perfect for this time of year.

Lulu Letty

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most gorgeous dresses I have seen in a long while! So stunning :)

Fabiola "Fab" said...

I adore Maria!!! She purchased two dresses from my shop and it was a pleasure to serve her. Love her blog and style! I'm trying to be back in blogging world and can't wait to see your other dress!!!

DalenaVintage said...

So sweet that ya'll did this. The dress looks fantastic on you and I saw the one you sent over to Maria. Gorgeous! BTW...Wildwood Flower is one of my favorite songs :)

Lucy said...

Gorgeous photos!!
I love everything about them.. nice colors and outfit!!

Casey Maura said...

You look so pretty!!! What a lovely idea of doing a dress swap like that... it's so fun! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Imelda said...

That dress is so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...