Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1960's Inspired


Inspired by all the 1960's movies I've been watching lately...well watching all my life, I decided to do a photo shoot.  In my house there's this fabulous 1960's wallpaper. I just happened to have a 60's inspired dress that matches it perfectly. Once i got in front of the camera I couldn't help but start grooving to 60's dances like The Swim and The Clam. I'm really not the greatest dancer, frankly I dance like a dork...lol! The first time I met Jonny I was dancing! He's always done a great impression of how I dance. Until recently he had no idea where I got my style of dancing, but one day there just happened to be an Elvis movie on TV, soon enough there was a dance scene and Jonny finally understood where I got my groovy dance moves! :o)

PS: Click on the links, if you dare! 

12 comments:

Toni said...

It's so awesome to see a a fashiony girl with short hair!!
All I see are girls with long pretty hair and I reminisce in the days.
But now I found a chica with hair like mine! :)

I like your style!
Thanks for new inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post (as if I wouldn't!) You look beautiful - your dress is stunning. :)

And I've danced the clam many a times out at night - I've done a few other go-go moves too - I think I confused all the too cool for school hipsters but oh well, I had fun!

mapetiteamy said...

Lovely blog :)

caroline said...

how sweet pics. your dress is wonderful! i also find myself getting dance inspiration from old film, but then mostly from musicals. now i will start looking for inspiration in other films! thanks!

Casey Maura said...

These are fantastic--between that dress and the wallpaper, you looked like you just stepped off the set of a 60s movie! ;)

Ariella said...

You look great in that dress, next to that wallpaper. And your earrings go really well with the outfit, too... I think you look fantastic, and you pull off that pixie do so well!

Toni said...

Thanks for the comment! Tomorrow I'm going to post a blog about my Halloween costume. I'm really excited about it. Oh, I forgot to add your blog last time, so I'm going to now.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, though, don't you think ALL dancing is a little dorky? I love going to weddings and just watching uninhibited people move on the dancefloor ... so silly and earnest and wonderfully human. And hey, how could you NOT get down and funky in that great frock?!

esme and the laneway said...

Awesome dress and wallpaper!
I did three (ha count 'em!) go-go classes earlier this year, and loved it – I love busting out the it's-bad-it's-good and the angry gorilla! Though not so much in public ;)

Imelda said...

This dress is so beautifull!! You look great in it!

Louise said...

Brilliant! You look like fun, I'd go out dancing with you!

Anonymous said...

loveeelyyyy style

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...