Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cowboys a fashion influence?



Today I'm not feeling so well, it doesn't help that it's another cold rainy day here. Although, the weather being so bad makes me feel less guilty for not getting out of my pajama's and watching old movies all day! To make me feel a little better I decided to look at some pictures of Elvis. He always makes me smile...haha! As well as always loving Elvis, I've always loved cowboys. When I was little my Mom would take me to see all the new cowboy movies that came out. I remember seeing Wyatt Earp when I was just 8 years old. It was a three hour movie, but I never took my eyes off the screen! I also liked to dress like a cowboy when I was small, I had red pair of cowboy boots and a grey pair(i still have them). I wore them with everything! I guess you could say cowboys still somewhat influence my style today. My favorite boots are my Frye cowboy boots, only they are not red! S0, of course when Elvis played a cowboy I loved it! The top picture is Elvis when he was just 18. The one below is Elvis in costume for the film Charro. 
Off I go to watch some more old movies! Hmm, maybe I should watch Charro...LoL! :o)

5 comments:

michelle said...

What an interesting idea, but I can totally see them as inspiration :)

Alice Almighty said...

I was just watching star wars, {the original, obviously} and thinking to myself that Han Solo's getup is pretty hot.
What do you know, sans hat, it is piece for piece what Elvis is wearing here. I will be sewing up a cropped vest for my man pronto!

Definitely a fashion influence, or at least they should be. Who doesn't like a fat belt and tight pants?

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Q's Daydream said...

michelle: I think they can be, even if it is just a pair of boots you love or that wonderful leather belt!

alice almightly: Come to think of it Elvis and Han Solo do look similar in those movies. I know I like a guy in tight pants, guess it's all those years of cowboys and 60's Elvis movies! LoL

aimee: Thank you so much! I'm feeling a lot better today! :o)

Eyeliah said...

I am loving all your Elvis stuff, I have been collecting memorablia, so does my dad. :)) I love love old Elvis movies so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...