Saturday, December 5, 2009

Above the Boardwalk



As I'm sure you all know by now, I'm completely crazy about anything sailor inspired. I got this dress by doing my first ever vintage trade. The lovely gal I traded with is Maria with a wonderful shop on etsy, Adelaide Homesewn. Maria and I both traded sailor inspired dresses. What's so great about this dress, is that it first belonged to Maria's Moms! I love knowing the history behind vintage clothes. Maria doesn't have a blog, yet anyway. She really should because she's just a doll! So, go check out her shop and you're bound to fall in love with something! Thanks Marie, and Maria's Mom!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! It's cold and rainy here, so I plan on cuddling up by the fire and watching a good film!

Oh, and I'm having a 20% off sale in my shop all this weekend!

15 comments:

sarah said...

How cute! I love vintage clothing that comes with a story. It gives it so much character.

I LOVE those shoes. :)

Anja Verdugo said...

I love those shoes too! And I agree, it's so great to know some facts about vintage pieces.

SISTERS AND DRESSES said...

so cute dress and wonderful shoes!!

Lexie said...

you always find the perfect setting for your pictures! i looove the vibrant yellow of the dress. so cute!

Claire Nouveau said...

really really cute. LOVE those shoes!
xo,
Claire

Mel said...

What a lovely and adorable dress! What an interesting history behind that dress, and I like where you chose to take pictures of your outfit!

Maria Casteel said...

you do it justice, i can't wait til christmas when i can show my mom. i will tell you what she says :)

Corinna said...

it seems to be the time every one wear their yellow dresses, I have to wear mine next week as well ;)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I'm envious of your beach photo shoot... it's way too cold here to go to the shore (it's been in the 20s!). Love the yellow dress on you and the history is sweet. :)

Dotti said...

Oh damn I missed your sale. I'm stupid. :(

ANd your dress is a true darling.

Casey Maura said...

You look so adorable!!! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

anne said...

awesome!!! you look amazing :D

reckless daughter said...

cute dress!

PS: you have some great things in your store right now! :)

emma wallace said...

That is the cutest, happiest dress ever! I love it!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Cool story! I also like the stories behind cintage clothes ;)
The color of that dress makes it really unique. And where did you get those shoes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...