Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Here we are getting ready to begin a brand new year! I thought I'd share with you some of the big happenings in my life over the last year. I'm not the first blogger to this, but it's such a darn good idea! So, here we go...

Last January through May, Jonny and I were still living in Maine. It was a tough time for me. I was quite sick, but alls better now so no worries! It was also one of the coldest winters I've ever experienced. Being stuck inside wasn't all bad though. I got back into sewing and discovered how much I enjoy it.

Then came May and I moved back to my home state of Maryland. I was closer to family and got to soak up lots of sun and take long walks by the lake. In June I celebrated my 24th birthday by eating mexican food and wearing pretty dresses.

July has to be one of my favorite months of all! Jonny and I celebrated our 1rst wedding anniversary. I love Jonny so much and couldn't ask for a better husband! He is my prince! I also had my very first blogger meetup with Meaghan of Left Hand Endeavor. Jonny and I had such a wonderful time hanging in Baltimore with Meaghan and Mike! Meaghan and I still talk all the time and I know I've made a friend for life.

August and September were spent moving into a beautiful new home. Setting up house was so much fun! I spent lots of time in our new backyard. I also started doing my Etsy shop full time. Being able to work from home doing something I love so much has been an amazing blessing to my life. These last few months have been very busy, but in a great way!

2009 was a good year. I met so many fabulous people and have so many wonderful memories. Goodbye 2009 and hello 2010! Who knows what will happen this year, but I have a feeling it'll be great! ;o)

See you next year my lovely readers!!!

37 comments:

Anja Verdugo said...

Happy new year Quincy!!

Anja Verdugo said...

btw, the word verification code was "suckatio" ???? haha

Anonymous said...

I love all of these year in review blog posts! Your 2009 sounds lovely and sweet and ultimately happy, and so many charming outfits to go with!

xo Jenny

Kelley Anne said...

You are such a sweetheart Quincy and I'm so glad to have found your blog, it really is such a joy to read. I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and I'm looking forward to your posts in 2010.

Jessica said...

You're adorable! Happy new year miss! xx

Teeny said...

Lovely post and pics!
Teeny

Marie said...

Lovely look back, happy new year, see you in 2010!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Kellie said...

Wonderful photos from a wonderful year! :) I hope you have a great New Years Eve, and an equally great 2010!

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

anon said...

lovely recap, i'm glad the year got better as it went along and i wish you the very best for the new year!

Myy said...

Happy new year! You are so adorable and I am so glad I read your blog!

anne said...

happy new year! loved the photos :)

emma wallace said...

Happy New Year, darling Quincy! I feel so lucky to have found your sunshiny blog this year.
I hope 2010 is your best year yet!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

a merry new year to you!

Alyssa said...

Oh my, this is an absolutely lovely collection of photos! I really like your style... I'm rather jealous. :) Happy New Year!

Marchewkowa said...

Amazing outfits! Happy New Year!

Raquel said...

happy new year darling!
x

Katie Anderson said...

What a beautiful New Year's post!
I'm just starting to work from home doing what I love too (which is writing). Like you, I know it's going to take a lot of work - but I'm very excited about it! It's great to read your posts, you seem to be successful and happy doing it - which is a perfect combination.

Katie @ http://thedisappearingangel.blogspot.com
xx

Helen said...

happy new year! i love that blue polka dot dress

Lexie said...

happy new year, quincy! best wishes for 2010!

Dotti said...

Quincy dear, happy new year! I really hope your 2010 will be just as perfect as last year. Mine started pretty nicely – I wear the red house dress you sent already quite a lot... :) Bisou, Dotti

BaronessVonVintage said...

Happy New Year! It has been such a pleasure to "meet" you, through Etsy AND through Blogging!

Love_Again said...

Your 2009 photos and outfits were consistently fabulous! Happy New Year!
x

reckless daughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reckless daughter said...

Happy New Year to you Q! thank you for having such a wonderful blog and for being so darn cute! I hope 2010 is a great year for you and your prince ;)

hannah, heart city said...

so many good outfits, a great year! happy new year :-)

Anonymous said...

You look like you brought the new year in quite happily. Good way to start 2010

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

you've got SUCH a beautiful style, sweets! I ADORE your fashion sense, and am so glad I found your blog/met you online. :) Happy New Year!

Rhiannon said...

Hope you have a fantastic 2010--love all these photos of you in cute '40s dresses!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Really fun recap. This solidifies that you have some of the loveliest dresses out there. :)

Casey Maura said...

Happy 2010, Quincy! :) I just loved looking through all your photos from the past year. It's always amazing to take stock of what happened and such at the beginning of a new year, isn't it? Wishing you all the best for 2010! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Kennedy said...

what a great retrospective post, all of your photos are so pretty, and you too! <3

Anonymous said...

these photos are so beautiful!

You've such a lovely blog! I'm following you now! :)

xoxo
mycherrygum.blogspot.com

Fabiola "Fab" said...

ooh almost missed this post! it's great to recap 2009 cause I din't get to see all your posts closer to end of the year.

love it!!

Meaghan Kelly said...

Happy New Year! Ah! I'm so late but I was visiting family for four days and I actually never even checked the internet! but I'm so excited to have met you this past year and I can't wait to spend more time with you this February!
We'll have so much fun making secret plans and baking and thrifting and giggling and getting secretly drunk and taking blog photos together! It truly will be the greatest trip imaginable!

ToKataifi said...

happy new year...

love your pics :)

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Great post, these year in review ones are so fun to read.
Lovely photos, you have such fabulous vintage dresses :)
Hope you have very happy 2010!!!

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.

Get daily ideas and instructions for making THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.

GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...