Friday, June 17, 2011

Inspiration Friday, Jamaica Blue 1975

I came across these amazing images from British Vogue at Clever Nettle, then found more of them here. I must say when it comes to looking for inspiration I always go to the 1940's and 1950's. I tend to forget about the 70's... Which is a terrible shame. After all the 70's did have a bit of a 40's and 50's thing going on! These pictures might have rekindled my passion for the 1970's. Oh yes, I think they have.


I'm in love with the dress on the left!



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! My birthday is Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that! xo

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the same tend to stay clear of the 70s, but love the stripey bikini.

Lauren Hairston said...

I love everything! What a fabulous photo spread!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Next time I am at the beach I will be wearing gold stilettos. Happy birthday for the weekend, hope you have a great day (it is my boyfriend's birthday this Sunday too!)

MrJeffery said...

these are awesome. i love the cover with the blue phone. thanks for sharing..

sarah said...

I love these! The photo with the aqua and white stripes is amazing - I think that is how I want to look this summer. What I would do for a pair of striped sunglasses!

Jul said...

hat striped dress is to die for! And happy birthday for tomorrow!

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

Angelica said...

Loveee this post! Everything is so nice!
kisses
Taida

esme and the laneway said...

I know what you mean about the 70s – they really do have that lovely vintage-y look to them :)

It is Sunday here in Australia, so: Happy Birthday lovely lady! Have a WONDERFUL day :D xxx

LF said...

lovely post! really like that striped high-waist bikini-amazing how some styles recycle and remain fashionable!

jess // LF

xsometimessx said...

i loveeeeee it!<333

the nyanzi report said...

happy birthday. beautiful spread.

reckless daughter said...

These are gorgeous!

Leah said...

This is such a great spread.. saw mention of it on Penny Dreadful.

Now following!

xoxo,
Leah
www.couturearabesque.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...