Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Spring Like Day



Yesterday was such a beautiful day here, with temps reaching 60 degrees! I spent most of the day running errands and shopping for the shop, but I made sure I stopped by this lovely park to enjoy the weather. It was so nice to feel the sun warming my face! The warm weather was a perfect reason to wear my new/old 1940ish romper! I've been searching for a 30s/40s romper for quite some time. Whenever I found one I liked they were too expensive or not the right size. When I found this one I didn't even think twice about it, assuming it would look awful on me. Then I tried it on and fell in love! It's from the 1980s but really has a 1940s look. I know you can't see the top of it, but I promise I'll show you soon! I'm sure I'll still continue my search for an actual 194os romper, but now because I really don't want to wear anything else, hehe.
I'm also wearing my very favorite new jacket! Most of you know my love for cropped cardigans. When I saw this little 40s cropped jacket I knew it was perfect for me! You'll be seeing way too much of it I'm sure! ;o)

1940s cropped jacket: Max and Chloe Vintage on Etsy
Romper: thrift shop
Boots: Steven Madden
Hat: vintage

22 comments:

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Wow, I'd kill for a day in the 60s! I love the way you seamlessly incorporated that 40s jacket into a more modern looking outfit.

Kelley Anne said...

Cute romper! I can't wait to see the top. I'm so excited for the temperature to rise, but I'll be happy with days in the 40's for now.

Evangeline said...

I love your romper! You seem to live near the loveliest places!

Evangeline said...

I love your romper! You seem to live near the loveliest places!

Meaghan Kelly said...

cute cute cute romper! cant wait to see the top!
wow what a nice day! its nothing like that here, although it has been warmer these past couple of days, we even got rain! oh my!

Lexie said...

cute!

i think my favorite part is your sweet pink beret!

Aya Smith said...

60 degrees! Goodness, that sounds wonderful :D

You look so cute!

Gabriela said...

You look so pretty, it seems like a lovely day.

Rosie said...

Hope you had fun sunbathing! don't forget the sunblock!

Fabiola "Fab" said...

Have similar boots! love your outfit alot!

Maria Confer said...

I love love love your romper. So jealous of the warm weather.

Lulu Letty

Stephanie said...

Love your outfit. I was looking through the new Anthropologie catalog and the model reminded me of you.

emma wallace said...

How fun! I love your cute cropped jacket and your pink hat!

And hooray for Spring-y days in winter!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Claire Nouveau said...

a day in the 60s sounds sooo marvelous! you look so adorable, the colors are quite perfect.
fondly,
claire

Max and Chloe Vintage said...

Oh My goodness!! That jacket looks killer on you! I think you were meant for it. Love the outfit:)

PinkVale said...

in addition to the wondeful day, your outfit too looks like a warm spring wind.. with all those fresh little flowers! you're adorable as always.. and I like so much your hat!

Missa said...

Love the proportion that the cropped jacket creates over the romper (such a great print!) and that pink hat is too cute :)

jack bespoke said...

love the antique look of this images, great hat

bespok.com

Myy said...

Beautiful! your photos are always so dreamy!

Rhiannon said...

It's so exciting seeing warm weather outfits on fashion blogs this weekend! Oh man, this one is making me want to wear rompers . .. it's so cute, and I love love love the '40s jacket with it.

Luna Pearl Treasures said...

Love your romantic and adventurous style.

Although I can't complain, I'm jelous too that you get to prance about in a cute little romper and beret. In Santa Cruz, it's pouring and that winds are gonna reach 40mph today. Yikes!

Cynthia said...

At first I thought you were wearing shorts I loved it. But Now I know it's a romper, I love it even more ^-^
Cute outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...