Monday, November 1, 2010

Civil War Cemetery






1940's jacket from Dethrose Vintage
Betsey Johnson Dress
Gap belt, from years and years ago
1960's purse
My trusty old Frye Boots

Last weekend when my Mom was in town we took a drive to Franklin, TN and found ourselves at the McGavock Confederate Cemetery. It's the largest privately owned Confederate cemetery in the United States. My Mom and I are huge Civil War geeks so anything related to the Civil War gets us interested. Growing up in Yankee territory we've done lots of exploring of the northern side of things, so being in the south is really interesting. Anyway, Sunday morning Jonny and I drove back to the cemetery to take pictures. There was no one there but us, it was kinda creepy and very lovely at the same time. So many of the graves are unmarked...it's so sad to think of all the young men who died right there many, many years ago...

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and super Halloween! Talk to you soon! Oh, and happy November! :o)

20 comments:

Louder Than Silence said...

Such beautiful pictures - I love your bag and would quite like a similar version myself!

Love your blog - now following.

Sally x
Louder Than Silence

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

You perfectly paired those boots and blazer with that sweet dress. Hauntingly beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

I'm a history geek, too (from New England), so I love not only your outfit, but the location of the photos.
Wonderful post!

Dakota said...

Beautiful! I love that dress, and what a pretty, eerie setting.
I had to skim by the daddy longlegs very quickly, though-- they terrify me, lol.

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over your hair, soooo cute!! ^.^

pumps & luiers said...

love your purse!!!

Sam's Hopping Stars said...

The outfit and location just worked fabulously together...also, I love that purse, so freaking cute.

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

oooh I hadn't seen your haircut and I so love it!

A Little Brighter said...

Love these pictures! When my boyfriend and I saw the civil war graves in Savannah we were also interested in them and unmarked graves make me sad a little too!
That dress you are wearing is the prettiest!

Ayesha x

closetcasecarmen said...

PRETTY, MAMA!

Rebeccak said...

ahhh that photo with the spiders!! Amazing and creepy!

Love the new hair cut.

MarieBayArea said...

Thanks for the history lesson. I love historic places and old things.

Casey Maura said...

You look gorgeous--I love your outfit! :)

One of the dates my husband and I used to go on before we got married was go to Civil War sites around the mid Atlantic. I always loved how melancholy and yet beautiful these sites--especially the cemeteries--were.

♥ Casey | blog

Jenny Morris said...

aw you and your mom sounds so adorable :)

fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

Dethrose Vintage said...

I'm loving the short hair. It really has me wanting to stop growing mine out.

Miss Molly said...

Your hair looks STUNNING! & I love the spider picture. I got the secret sisters album, and I love it!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Have I told you how much I love your new hair-do? It's so cute! I know you were wanting to grow it out, but this really suits you so well!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Yankee gone Rebel. hehe. Lovely as can be. I love the outfit and the shots are great.

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I like the outfit, especially the short sweater and boots.

windowshopz.com

applepie said...

I like those pictures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...